We tend not to use the liquid that preserves the chickpea in its can. Well, it makes an excellent white egg substitute!
- 100ml aquafaba (liquid from one can)
- 100g dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp water
- option: add 1 tbsp sugar
- Electric whisk
- STEP1 – Refrigerate the aquafaba for 10 min.
- STEP2 – Whisk the liquid for 5 min. It is ready when it’s all smooth! If you turn the bowl upside down, it is not supposed to fall.
- STEP3 – Melt the chocolate with 3 tbsp of water. Remove from heat and incorporate the aquafaba to the chocolate sauce. 1 spoon at the time, no rush! You want to keep the smoothness.
- STEP4 – place the mousse in tiny jars and keep in the fridge for 1 hour.
- You can serve with some red berry sauce, flower (borage here) or on its own.
#plantbased #reducefoodwastage #glutenfree #newrecipe #easyrecipe #chocolatemousse
4 thoughts on “Chocolate mousse with aquafaba!”
I have been loving Aquafaba too! I made delicious pancakes with it. I’m definitely going to be trying this recipe. Thanks for sharing
I will try pancakes as well! Good idea 😀