Making flapjack is an easy way to empty your cupboard and discover new flavours! For the dried fruits we have used apricots but you can try with sultanas, cranberries…
- 40g butter
- 150g maple or agave syrup/honey
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 125 g rolled oats
- 90 g chopped dried fruits
- 40 g mixed seeds (poppy seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, …)
- Heat oven to 180C
- Tip the oats, the dried fruit and the seeds into a large bowl.
- Heat the butter, honey or maple syrup in a small pan until melted.
- Add the mixture and the mashed banana to the bowl and mix all together.
- Add baking parchment or kitchen foil to a tray and spread your mixture (between 1cm and 2 cm high, level the surface)
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and pre-cut the squares. Careful it is hot!
- Bake for an extra 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool.
- Place in the fridge for few hours.
- They will keep for up to 3 days.