By turning your oil into herbal infusion you allow the oil to adsorb the beneficial properties of your plant! 🌸
Calendula is a powerful flower with its vibrant colours and amazing properties. Its main purpose is repairing skin such as eruptions, cuts, perfect after sun exposure.
Infused oil can be used for body care or for cooking depending on the plants you are using.
You will need:
- A clean jar
- Dried flowers/ herbs
- Any liquid oil Any liquid oil will work, here we have used olive oil. We recommend to use organic oil whenever possible.
- Fill a glass jar 2/3 of the way full with dried calendula flowers.
- Pour olive oil into the jar, making sure to cover the flowers
- Stir well and cap the jar tightly.
- Place the jar in a warm, sunny windowsill and shake once or more daily.
- After 4 to 6 weeks, strain the herbs out using a thin cloth.
- Pour the infused oil into glass bottles and store in a cool, dark place.
Different plants for different uses
🔸 Chickweed: This is an excellent oil to soothe irritated or dry skin, it also alleviates the itch and sting of insect bites.
🔸 Rosemary: it is incredible as a soother for aching muscles and joint pain and is a brilliant tonic for keeping your hair healthy and full-bodied.
🔸 Plantain leaves: A great healer for any form of damaged skin plus alleviates the pain from blisters and insect bites.
🔸 Lavender: used as a massage oil it will help you to relax. It also has a softening and conditioning effect.
🔸 Chamomile: calming properties (sorry for the misspelling in the video!)
🔸 Sage: Pain relief and anti-inflammatory.
If you want to start your first aid kit, here are some plants easy to find or to forage. When foraging remember to:
🔹 Forage in an abundant place
🔹 Leave plenty for the wildlife and for other people
🔹 It is forbidden up root a plant
Before trying herbal medicine, try a small amount first to establish if there are any allergies. They won’t replace prescriptions from your GP. Contact your GP for any questions.
One thought on “Infused calendula oil”