#Recipes to download below
Everyone’s kitchen, the adult cooking group can’t meet for the moment BUT it doesn’t mean we have to stop cooking and sharing recipes with you. As usual, it is a vegetarian menu using herbs from the garden! The participants received the main ingredients along with a few recipes! So, on top of being great chefs, they also are amazing photographs! (well we already knew about that!) Thank you for sharing your creations!
Vegetarian Shepherd’s pie and French toast
Vegetarian Shepherd’s pie
Ingredients (x6) Coast per serving £0.45 (Lidl)
- 1kg potatoes, puree
- 200g coral lentil
- 150g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 200g plum tomato
- 250g onions
- 1 tbsp butter
- Dried or fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Oven 200C.
- Peel, chop and cook the potato for 20 minutes (until they are soft). Mash the potatoes. Add butter, salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan, add the carrots, lentil and tomato sauce, cover with water. Cook for 20min or until the lentils are soft.
- Fry the onions and garlic in a pan for 10 min. Incorporate to the lentil mixture and add rosemary.
- In a large plate, pour the lentil mixture and top up with the potato puree.
- Cook for 20 min.
The idea with French toast is to use old bread, too dry to eat (Pain perdu, meaning bread gone to waste). So the recipe can differ depending on how much bread you have to spare.
Ingredients (x4) Total cost £0.90 (Lidl)
- 25cl milk
- 3 eggs
- 75g sugar
- 6 slices of bread
- 1tsp butter
- Optional: cinnamon powder, citrus zest etc
- Beat the eggs with the sugar and the milk in a bowl.
- Dip in the bread (one at the time). The slices need to be very soggy.
- In a saucepan, melt a bit of butter and cook each side a few minutes until they obtain a golden colour.
Credit photo: Marta, Urzsula, Fiona and Fiona!