Are you planning on emptying your fridge and getting rid of spoiled bananas? Stop! This menu is for you.
Broth soup and banana bread
Why do we love this soup?
- Full of vegetables
- Can make big quantities and have leftover
- Low cost
Ingredient (x6) Cost per serving £0.30
- 200 g broth mix soaked overnight in plenty of cold water
- 500 g carrots diced
- 1 large onion roughly chopped
- 1 potato
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2.5 litres vegetable stock
- 1 leek
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: celery, kale, spinach, savoy cabbage
- Heat the oil in a large pan or pressure cooker.
- Add the onions and stir fry on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes
- Add carrots and stir fry them with the onion for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add the broth mix and stock, season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- If cooking without pressure cooker, simmer gently for approximately 40 minutes or until the grains and pulses are soft.
- Check seasoning and adjust as required.
Once again, we are baking the banana bread. We just can’t get enough of it!
Total cost £1.50 (Lidl)