Small pizza with side salad
Harvest of the day
- Pizza: Courgette, parsley, edibles flowers, coriander, thyme or oregano
- For the side salad: tomato, chives, rocket, lettuce
- Pesto: rocket
- Cake: Currants
Ingredients: for 8 small pizzas
- 450g white bread flour
- 7g sachet yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300ml warm water
- Mix everything together and reserve for at least 10 minutes.
- Add anything you like on top!
- Recipe from Lisa, our Youth Worker!
Toppings: courgette, mozzarella, peppers, mushroom, olives, cheese, edible flowers, coriander, parsley
Base: tomato sauce with herbs rocket pesto
- Tomato base: onion, garlic, herbs and tomato sauce
- Rocket pesto base, recipe below Ingredients
- 50g pine nuts
- 100g rocket
- 50g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- 150ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
Combine the pine nuts, rocket, Parmesan, olive oil and garlic clove in a blender. Season and blend to a paste. Will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- 4 medium eggs
- 160g plain flour
- 160g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 300ml whole milk
- 120g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways, or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 40g unsalted butter
- 300g berries
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar, for sprinkling
Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C.
Lightly beat the eggs in a mixing bowl with a whisk, then lightly beat in the flour. Whisk in the cooled melted butter, then gradually whisk in the milk, then the sugar. Finally, whisk in the vanilla seeds (scraped from the pods) or the vanilla paste.
Use the 40g butter to generously line the inside of a baking dish, approximately 25cm in diameter and 4cm deep. Put all the berries in the base of the greased dish, and pour over the batter.
Bake for 10 minutes, then lower the temperature to 180°C/fan 160°C. Bake for a further 10 minutes and check to see if the clafoutis is cooked by inserting a skewer in the centre and seeing if it comes out clean. If not, continue to bake and check at 5-minute intervals.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving. The clafoutis will sink very slightly as it cools; if you want to serve it before it sinks make sure you make people aware that it is very hot.
Sprinkle the top with granulated sugar before serving.
Thank you to all the Chefs!!