Even if we can now cook in the kitchen we couldn’t resist to have a BBQ in the garden.
Nachos with homemade guacamole and side salad
Roasted fruit skewers with rhubarb cordial
Harvest of the day
- Side salad: lettuce, tomatoes, rocket, chives flowers, edible flowers
- Guacamole: tomatoes, coriander
- Salsa for nachos: coriander, parsley
- Cordial: rhubarb
- 3 avocados – peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (Optional)
In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavour, or serve immediately.
Tomato salsa sauce
Make a stew with plum tomato tins, coriander, courgette, onion garlic, kidney beans and spices!
- 1 cup Pineapple chunks cut into 1” pieces
- 1 Banana cut 1″ pieces
- 1 apple 1” pieces
- 1 cup Strawberries stems removed
- Coconut oil spray or a bit of sugar
- 1 tablespoon Maple syrup for drizzling
- Soak the skewers in water for 20 minutes, to prevent them from burning while grilling the skewers
- To make the fruit kabobs, thread two pieces of each fruits.
- Drizzle with oil and maple syrup.
- Grill on preheated grill for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally until the fruit softens and chars.
- Enjoy immediately!
- 300g golden caster sugar
- zest and juice 1 orange
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 450g rhubarb , chopped
- 1 slice fresh root ginger , peeled
- Put the sugar in a large saucepan with 300ml water. Bring to a simmer then add the zest and juice of both the orange and the lemon along with the rhubarb and the ginger.
- Cook the mixture over a medium heat until the rhubarb is falling apart.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve lined with muslin into a clean heatproof jug then transfer to sterilised bottles. Keeps in the fridge for up to 1 month.
- Serve approx. 25ml of cordial per 100ml sparkling water, or to taste.