That’s it! 2022 is here and the cooking group is back. For this first session of the year we’ve made
Mushroom turnover served with a fresh chickpea salad
King’s cake (Frangipane)
We didn’t have much to harvest for these repices : a bit or rocket and hand full of parsley
Fresh chickpea salad
- 1 chickpea tin
- 100g rocket
- 1 red onion
- 1 orange
- 2tbsp cumin seed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Zest and juice the orange.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Peel and slice the onion.
- Mix all the ingredients with salt and pepper to taste
- 250g mushroom
- 2 shallots
- 20g butter
- 2 tbsp cream
- Optional : Bunch of dill, parsley,
- 1 puff pastry
- Preheat your oven on thermostat 6 (180 ° C).
- Peel and chop the shallots. Clean the mushrooms, then chop them.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan. Pour in the minced vegetables. Add salt and pepper. Cook over low heat until all the cooking water has evaporated. Add the crème fraîche. Bring to boil and let reduce so that the sauce becomes creamy again. Leave to cool and incorporate the chopped dill into the warm stuffing.
- Spread the dough on the floured work surface. Cut out 8 discs 10 cm in diameter.
- Place small piles of stuffing on each. Moisten the edges. Fold the dough over and press on the edges to seal them (use a fork to do so).
- Arrange the turnovers on a baking sheet. Brush them with egg yolk diluted in 1 tsp. tablespoon of water. Let them cook and brown in the oven for 20 min.
Ingredients for 6 people
- 2 puff pastry
- 2 eggs (or 15cl soya cream for plant based recipe)
- 75g soft butter
- 100g sugar
- 165g ground almond
- Optional: 1 figurine (or dried pulse)
Combine the butter, ground almond, sugar and the eggs (or soya cream) in a mixing bow
- lPlace the first puff pastry on a tray. With the fork, prick the dough on its entire surface.
- Fill in with the mixture to obtain an even surface.
- To hide the figurine, place it near the crust, lengthwise.
- Cover with the second puff pastry and seal the edges. Optional: with the blade of a knife, draw a rosette. Optional: brush the surface with melted butter or one yolk to give it a golden colour
- Bake for 20-30 min, at 200C
Distribution of the slices
After cutting the galette into slices, the tradition says that the youngest goes under the table, closes his eyes and calls out names. This way the distribution of the slices is done randomly (yes, it is very serious!).
We even had a nut free frangipane because one of the chef is allergic to nuts! Everyone’s deserves a slice de cake :).