Pilau Rice with Mung daal with Tuna Kabab
Harvest of the day: coriander, chives, bay leaves
Pilau Rice with Mung daal
- Rice 500g
- Mung daal 250g
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup of butter
- Ginger/ garlic paste 1 teaspoon each.
- Bay leaves 2
- Cinamon small pieces
- Cardamom 4
- Cloves 4/5
- First, mung daal needs to be lightly fried and left in water for at least 15 minutes.
- Then wash the rice and leave it for 15 minutes as well.
- Now, need to boil the mung for a couple of minutes and put it aside.
- Put butter in a big pot and fry the onion and rest of the spices all together until light brown. When it turns brown add the rice and fry it for 2/3 minutes
- Now add the mung daal and fry for 1 minute and put 1•5 litre of water and mix well and cover for 5 minutes and check if the water gets soaked in. If not, simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4 large potatoes
- 3/cans tuna
- 1 large onion
- Coriander leaves
- Olive Oil
- 2 eggs
First potatoes need to be boiled and mashed, add the rest of the ingredients and make small balls and fry them in oil.
Quick Apple turnovers (makes 6)
- 5 medium apples
- 1 lb puff pastry
- 1 cup sugar (you can also use cinnamon sugar)
- 1 egg
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Peel and slice the apples into 8-10 pieces and set them aside.
- Roll out the pastry dough on a well-floured surface. Cut the pastry sheet into 9 equal pieces and place 4-5 pieces of apple in the centre of each. Top with a spoonful of sugar.
- Fold the dough over the apples, creating tiny pockets. Place each pie on a lined baking sheet. Whisk the eggs in a small bowl and brush the tops of each pie with the whisked eggs. Sprinkle on some more sugar.
- Bake the pies at 230°C for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!