Bulgur salad with roasted sweet potato and wraps
Chocolate pudding (with secret ingredient)
& Crystallised rose petals
Harvest of the day
- For the bulgur: mint, chives, parsley, red onion
- For the wrap: rocket, lettuce, calendula and Californian poppy flowers
- For the crystallised petals: rose
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 red onion, chopped
- Bunch of rocket
- Bunch of chives
- Bunch of parsley
- Bunch of mint
- 2 tins sundried tomatoes, chopped
- Seeds or cashew nuts
- Lemon juice and orange zest
- Heat oven to 230° C. Toss the sweet potatoes, cumin, 2 tablespoons of the oil, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast until tender, 20-30 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook the bulgur according to the package directions. Let cool slightly. Add a bit of oil, 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Combine all ingredients and stir slowly
Pesto, Mozzarella, Sun dried tomatoes, green leaves, edible flowers, chive flowers
Hummus, carrot, cucumber, green leaves, edible flowers, chive flowers
Spread hummus/pesto over tortilla. Add the rest of the vegetables. Finish with the salad and fold (with a super technique!)
Chocolate Pudding (serves 8)
- 1.5 kg cauliflower florets (fresh or frozen)
- ¾ cup water
- 15 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 9 to 15 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil or avocado oil
- 1.5teaspoonvanilla extract
- 0.75 to 1.5 teaspoon salt
- Alternatively, place the cauliflower and water in a saucepan on the stove and gently simmer until the cauliflower is soft.
- Transfer the cooked cauliflower + water to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue blending until smooth.
- Serve warm, or transfer to individual serving cups or bowls and chill.
- Petals from 3–4 roses
- 1 egg white
- Caster sugar
- Wash the rose petals and dry gently using kitchen paper.
- Paint each petal with egg white and then dip it into the caster sugar.
- Place on the cake rack to dry and harden. This will take about 24 hours.
- Use to decorate cakes or puddings.
Thank you to Frances and Paru for the pictures!