Farzana’s rice (20 servings)
- Frozen cauliflower
- Frozen peas
- 500g Red onions
- 700g Brown onion
- Large tomatoes
- 1kg Potatoes
- Plain yoghourt
- Lemon juice
- Small bottle of mint sauce
- 1.5 tsp chilli flakes
- Cumin, cardamom
- 1kg of rice (3 large cups)
- 4.5 cups of water
- 4.5 tsp salt
- Slice the onions and and brown them on low heat with some oil, cumin seed and cardamom seeds
- Rinse your rice 3 times and cover with lukewarm water.
- Mix together 5 garlic cloves and 1 inch of peeled ginger
- Once your onions are brown, add a bit of water, half a tin of chopped tomatoes and your garlic/ginger.
- Add your rice with boiling water, salt and chilli flakes. Cover and cook for 10 minutes
- Boil the peas and add them to the rice once it’s cooked.
- In another pan, stir fry your cauliflower
- In another pan boil your peeled and chopped potatoes with some turmeric.
- In another pan, fry your red onions and tomatoes
- Layer your rice, followed by cauliflower and potatoes, then rice and so on. Use the tomato and red onion to decorate your dish.
- 250g Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove
- thumb-sized piece ginger, finely grated
- ½ small pack coriander, chopped
- 0.25 small pack mint, leaves chopped
- juice 0.5 lime
- ½ tsp garam masala, plus a little extra to serve
- ¼ cucumber, grated and lightly squeezed
Mix all the ingredients and season. Serve sprinkled with extra garam masala.
Nut cookies (x8)
- 80g sugar
- 150g peanut butter
- 50ml almond milk
- 120g plain flour
- 50g nuts
- 40g chocolate chocolate chip
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate sodium
Pre-heat your oven at 180*
In a large bowl, mix the milk, the sugar, vanilla and peanut butter
Add the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate. Mix with a large spoon or spatula
Break the nuts and chocolate and add to your mix.
Put in the fridge for 20 minutes and form balls of the same size and flatten with a fork
Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.