Connecting people in Dundee who grow fruit, veg and herbs and forage in and around the city.
NEW! Join our Community Growing Library! Borrow tools and books. Take free seeds and materials!
Learn how to grow your own
How to get started with sowing, planting, kitchen garden design and maintenance, indoors and container growing, etc tips and advice for each season, how to be sustainable, where to get your supplies, local projects, etc.
Fun and educational growing and wildlife activities and crafts from the Maxwell Centre garden.
- Harvest box 2022 #3 – Recipe ideasThis week’s harvest box contains a few new things! Californian poppy (bright orange flowers) are so colourful ! Their petals can be used in salad or included in dessert recipes like this Calendula or Californian poppy and thyme shortbread OneContinue reading “Harvest box 2022 #3 – Recipe ideas”
- Ula’s delight : Lentil soup, potato pancake and waffle – Everyone’s kitchenPotato pancake with side salad Lentil soup Waffle Harvest of the day Side salad: rocket, lettuce, claytonia Potato pancake: chives Lentil soup: lovage, parsley Potato pancake (12/15 pancakes) Ingredients 250g cold mashed potato , or 2 medium-size floury potatoes, cutContinue reading “Ula’s delight : Lentil soup, potato pancake and waffle – Everyone’s kitchen”
- Asparagus risotto with tulip petal snack and green smoothie – Everyone’s kitchenQuick asparagus risotto with tulip petal snack Green smoothie Harvest from the garden For the risotto: chives, chard, asparagus, parsley Tulip petal snack: tulip petal, chives flower, wild garlic flowers Green smoothie: chard Quick asparagus risotto Ingredients x2 1 onionContinue reading “Asparagus risotto with tulip petal snack and green smoothie – Everyone’s kitchen”
- All recipes
- Events and news
- Gardening tips and information
- Creating and making things
- Stories and recipes by our volunteers and staff from around the world (Botanical Migrations project)