Children should be supervised at all time for this activity.
For making candles, nothing easier. You will need
- A container: old packaging cut a the desired size and shape, or a jar, or a tea cup
- Wax: soya wax, beeswax or old candles
- Wick: toilet paper leaf twisted VERY tight
- Smell: natural such as orange zest, dried lavender or rosemary, cloves or with essential oils
- Melt the wax with a double boiler
- While it’s melting prepare the wick and your container.
- Hold the wick in the container and pour the wax around it. It keep the wick straight, place chopstick on both sides. Colour of the wax will quickly change!
- Decorate and/or add your smell.
- Let it solidify for a good 15 min
- Cut the wick shorter if needed.
Important: when you put out the candle, always add a drop of water onto the wick to avoid smoke.
Note: Due to the current restrictions, we do not encourage people to go shopping to realise this activity. Preferably, use what you already have in the house.
One thought on “Brighten up your day by making a candle”