Children should be supervised at all time for this activity.
For making candles, nothing easier. You will need
- A container: old packaging cut a the desired size and shape, or a jar, or a tea cup
- Wax: soya wax, beeswax or old candles
- Wick: toilet paper leaf twisted VERY tight
- Smell: natural such as orange zest, dried lavender or rosemary, cloves or with essential oils
- Melt the wax with a double boiler
- While it’s melting prepare the wick and your container.
- Hold the wick in the container and pour the wax around it. It keep the wick straight, place chopstick on both sides. Colour of the wax will quickly change!
- Decorate and/or add your smell.
- Let it solidify for a good 15 min
- Cut the wick shorter if needed.
Important: when you put out the candle, always add a drop of water onto the wick to avoid smoke.
Note: Due to the current restrictions, we do not encourage people to go shopping to realise this activity. Preferably, use what you already have in the house.